Pundit Review was a blog before there was even a word ‘blog’. The site started in December 1999 by Kevin Whalen as an outlet for a political junkie and over time has morphed into a hybrid blog-radio show. For more than seven years, Pundit Review has broadcast a weekly show on Boston’s 50,000-watt talk station WRKO.
Pundit Review Radio is where the old media meets the new. Each week Kevin, and until August 2008, Gregg Jackson, gave voice to the work of the most influential leaders in the new media/citizen journalist revolution. This unique show continues bring the best of the blogs to your radio every Sunday evening from 6-8pm EST on AM680 WRKO, Boston’s Talk Station.
The Pundit Review Radio podcast was a Weblog Awards finalist in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.
Subscribe to the Pundit Review Podcast .
Follow me on Twitter
Christmas wish looks bleak for soldier mom
Colby College Alumni Magazine: Open Mic: Blogosphere boom launches Pundit Review hosts into global talk radio
Boston Herald: Web pundits plug views on airwaves
Contact: punditreview at hotmail dot com
These are a few of my favorite things:
- Power Broker: Robert Moses and the fall of New York, by Robert Caro
- The Prize: The epic quest for oil, money and power, by Daniel Yergin
- The Birth of Bebop: A Social and Musical History, by Scott Devreaux
- TR, by HW Brands
- Manhunt, by James Swanson
- 12 Angry Men
- Citizen Kane
- Gran Torino
- Grateful Dead, Live in Venetta, Oregon, August 27, 1972
- The Ultimate Charlie Parker Collection
- Bill Evans, Sunday at the Village Vanguard
- Miles Davis, Around About Midnight
- The Band, Music from Big Pink
Favorite TV shows
- Sunday Morning Talking Head shows
- Kudlow & Co., CNBC
- The Shield
- History Channel
- Playing with my kids, ages 8 and 7 (Irish Twins)